It is the policy of Commercial Mechanical, Inc. to strive for the highest safety standards on our projects. Safety does not occur by chance. It is a result of continued safety education and the careful attention to all company operations by those who are directly and indirectly involved. Employees at all levels must work diligently to execute the company’s policy of maintaining safety and occupational health.
Our safety program has been developed to assure compliance with Federal, State, and Local regulations with particular emphasis on the Occupational Safety and Health Act of 1970 (OSHA), and the OSHA requirements that apply to our construction operations. It is the obligation of all our employees to be knowledgeable of the standards established by these agencies and to implement the rules and regulations contained therein on projects under their direction.
We believe a safe operation is organized, clean and efficient. A position we stand on to maintain and improve the total performance of our company. As proof of our dedication to this statement Commercial Mechanical, Inc. is in its fifth consecutive year of zero lost time accidents and has been awarded the following safety awards and recognitions over the last five years.
- 2008 through 2010 Incident Rate Excellence – Iowa – Illinois Safety Council
- 2011 through 2012 Incident Rate Excellence Gold – Iowa – Illinois Safety Council
- 2008 through 2012 Occupation Excellence Achievement Award – National Safety Council
- 2009 through 2012 Fleet Safety Award (Over 1 Million Miles Driven/Zero Accidents) – Churchill Casualty, Ltd.
- 2009 Risk Control Program Highest Score in Construction/Contracting Operations – Churchill Casualty, Ltd.
- 2010 Risk Control Program Highest Score in Construction/Contracting Operations – Churchill Casualty, Ltd.
- 2011 through 2012 Risk Control Program 2nd Highest Score in Construction/Contracting Operations – Churchill Casualty, Ltd.
- 2008 through 2012 MCAA Safety Statistics Program – Zero Lost Workday Incidence Rate